- 1-1/4 cups of unbleached flour
- 3/4 cups of yellow corn meal ( I use Quaker Yellow Corn Meal)
- 1/4 cup of natural vegan sugar (Florida Crystals)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup vegan soymilk (I use Silk Soy Milk)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (mixed with 1 tablespoon of water)
- 1 can of whole kernel sweet corn (optional)
- 1/2 cup of pimentos (optional)
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan. Combine and mix dry ingredients. Stir in soy milk, oil and cornstarch, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. If using the sweet corn and pimentos pour into mixture at this time and mix well.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
This is a GREAT recipe with Holidays coming up.