If you were the main character of a movie, what would the movie be about?
What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Why pets are better than people.
What running into a Stranger taught you?
Why Kids are more responsible than Adults.
How having a ‘celebrity crush’ when you were younger impacted how you handle relationships today.
The effect of Instagram on mental health.
Building a wall between the US and Mexico.
Does history repeat itself?
Being politically incorrect: Dealing with social media backlash.
Social Justice Topics
Americans should pay more attention to the way their clothes and shoes are made in order to help prevent child labor abuses.
We can eliminate poverty if everyone takes steps to give more in their local community.
College students need to be activists in social justice issues like human trafficking.
Racism is still an important part of the experience of many people in America in spite of laws and social action.
Animal experimentation for any reason is wrong.
Boycotting a company is an effective way to bring about change.
Writing About Parents and Children
Children should be supervised when using the Internet.
Interracial marriages are more fulfilling because they require a greater commitment.
Every couple ought to consider the possibility of adopting a child.
Children of alcoholics are more prone to have problems with alcohol and drug abuse.
Domestic violence is on the increase.
Parents of gang members should be held responsible for the violence and property damage their children commit.
Hunting is a great way for families to spend time in the outdoors, get to experience nature, and bond together.
Children of divorced parents should have the right to divorce their parents.
Non-competitive athletic teams are better for children under 10.
Injuries from organized athletic activities for children and teens are on the rise and will be a health care crisis in the future.
Child abuse has become more of a problem as divorce increases in America.
Reproductive technologies such as in-vitro transplants should be banned.
The legacy of a parent’s divorce lasts throughout a person’s life.
While the feminist movement certainly opened up the jobs and opportunities available to women, it ultimately harmed women, children, and the family because it devalued motherhood.
Women who find they are carrying Down’s Syndrome children should be encouraged to give those children up for adoption rather than having an abortion.
Advocating birth control as part of sex education is wrong and should not be supported by the state.
How to Prevent Teen Accidents?
Violence in the media is responsible for an increase in violence among young people.
Movies today are better than they were in our parent’s generation.
Parents should not allow teens to be a part of social networking so that they do not experience or participate in cyberbullying.
The idea of censorship or regulation of advertising is impractical, un-American, and against free enterprise and capitalism.
Parents should limit the exposure of their children to media.
Violence in the media releases aggression and does not cause violence in real life.
Freedom of speech is something Americans need to support more strongly not only here, but also around the world.
Urban Wilderness Spaces Can Save Species
Can small urban wilderness areas help preserve the environment and save species?
Can small urban wilderness areas help preserve the environment and save species?
Outsourcing to India is costing American’s employment opportunities.
Japanese car companies are no longer creating the best cars in the world.
Cybercrime is on the increase and governments need to do more to prevent it.
Population growth in the world is an overlooked issue which will become more important as global warming changes food production around the world.
Bioterrorism is still an important issue for all of us to be aware of when thinking about National Security and global security.
America should continue to support Israel, no matter what.
Americans should not get involved in global conflicts that don’t concern their national interest.
By opposing GMO (genetically modified organisms) crops, European nations are causing 3rd World people to starve or be malnourished.
Global Warming is real and we need to get prepared.
Video games can help people solve real-world problems.
Identity theft is a greater problem than you think.
Is Private Education Worth It?
VirginiaLynne, CC-BY, via HubPages
Online education is just as good as learning in the classroom.
Homeschooling is not as good as a public school.
College athletes, especially football players, are an economic asset to Universities and should be paid accordingly.
Sports are given too high a priority in American High Schools and this hurts the education of children.
The increase in standardized testing in America has improved the educational achievements of graduates.
Bilingual education is important and should be supported by educators, parents, and the public.
Creationism is believed by 75% of Americans and should be a part of science education in schools.
College students need to be on guard against piling up consumer debt.
American colleges should increase the number of students from foreign countries to help cover costs.
Schools need to offer Mandarin as a foreign language because China is going to be an increasingly important country.
The European educational system is superior to the American system.
Food and Diet Topics
Since buying and eating local food saves energy and promotes the local economy, everyone should support the Local Food movement.
Although vegetarianism is often mocked and misunderstood, college students should consider this lifestyle as a way to be ecologically thoughtful and physically healthy.
Childhood obesity in America is reaching crisis proportions and parents, the media and school lunches are the cause.
The food and drug administration budget should increase to make sure our food supply is safe.
Families should store up 6 months of food in case of an economic collapse.
Schools should teach more about nutrition and healthy diets.
What is the perfect diet for health?
Organic food is better and worth a higher price than non-organic produce and meat.
There is a national crisis of vitamin D deficiency.
Everyone should take a multivitamin every day.
The only healthy way to lose weight is to eat less and exercise.
The best diet plan to lose weight is (paleo, intermittent fasting, or the Mediterranean diet, etc.)
Food competition shows are causing the average cook to be more creative in the kitchen.
College students should take the time to cook healthy foods.
You can eat a good diet without learning how to cook.
American politics is becoming too divisive.
The American president is the most important world leader.
Domestic terrorism is more of a problem than terrorism from people in other countries.
Juvenile offenders who commit serious crimes should be tried as adults.
Welfare reform failed to help people get back to work. All illegal immigrants who have a job should be given a work visa to stay legally in the United States as long as they do not commit a crime, remain employed, and pay taxes.
Churches do a better job of helping people overcome poverty than government agencies.
National laws should be made to prevent texting and calling from cell phones while driving.
The Federal Budget Deficit needs to be reduced to save the United States from an economic disaster.
We should prohibit all off-shore drilling until oil companies can prove that drilling disasters won’t happen again.
Prisons should not be a place of punishment, but a place to rehabilitate people so that they can be productive members of society.
Gun control is an important part of controlling violence in our society.
Environmentalism and use of the land for farming and logging can go hand in hand.
Legalizing Marijana will decrease drug use, provide a new avenue for tax revenues, and prevent crime.
Donald Trump’s candidacy has changed American politics forever.
Voters should have to show ID to vote.
5-Minute Presentation Topics:
5 rules for discipline in the class.
Using social media in the classroom.
Being a middle child.
Dealing with bullies: Do’s and Don’ts.
Applying for a mortgage: How can you do it right?
The best way to ask for a promotion.
Vegan vs. vegetarian.
Preparing perfect macaroni and cheese.
Growing your own food at home.
Read Also: Causal Analysis Essay Guide & 50 Topic Ideas
Animals Presentation Topics:
Why should you adopt an animal from a shelter?
Choosing the perfect food for your pet.
How to pick the right vet?
Sleeping with your dog or cat.
What does keeping animals at home teach children about life?
Cat person vs. dog person.
Why do therapy animals work?
Why do people like to watch animal videos on the internet?
Using animals in movies and shows.
Are cats independent?
Family Presentation Topics:
Tips for travelling with children.
Children of divorce: How to cope?
What roles do grandparents actually play?
How many kids should people really have?
How to recognize and deal with a gifted child?
Is family life culture falling apart?
Should parents tell their children to move out even if they are not ready?
Balancing home and career life.
Dealing with a newborn in your family.
Your child is a bully: What should you do?
History Presentation Topics:
History of the internet.
The first time women had the right to vote.
War photographers: Inspiring stories.
Women in war.
Historical lies: Is history accurate?
5 Things you don’t learn in a history class.
History of the Statue of Liberty.
Ancient Egyptians: Did they reach outer space?
Remarkable historical encounters that changed the world.
Children in American history.
Art Presentation Topics:
Cultural effects on art.
Should art be inspired by history?
Playing the best musical instrument.
Is American rapping a form of poetry?
Importance of rhyming in songs.
Does art imitate life or the other way around?
Understanding abstract art.
Controversial sculptures: Should they be shown to the public?
Combining different forms of art in exhibitions.
How to market your artwork?
Food Presentation Topics:
How many calories should you eat every day?
Is dieting a trend?
How many meals should you eat per day?
Should kids be allowed to go vegan?
Is it okay to add pineapple to pizza?
Exotic and weird foods.
Is it possible for someone to live eating fruits and veggies only?
Meal planning on a budget.
Is it expensive to eat healthily?
Black coffee is good for your health.
Sport Presentation Topics:
Should sports teams be named after ethnic groups?
Learning to swim should be mandatory.
Is boxing safe?
Should everyone practice sports?
Insulting players and coaches from the sidelines should be banned.
Should fans judge athlete’s personal lives?
Getting beaten by an underdog: Dealing with the consequences.
Sports help develop character in children and teens.
Losing a match is actually good for motivation.
Respecting the national anthem.
Funny Presentation Topics:
The worst joke I have ever heard.
My worst date ever.
10 things that ruin a date.
How to celebrate the perfect Thanksgiving in the US?
Something that made you laugh so hard that you cried.
Sharing something on Facebook that you shouldn’t have.
How to look your best on your worst day.
5 Reasons to stay single.
The worst Twitter mistakes ever.
How to make someone lose their mind.
Criminal Presentation Topics:
Sex trafficking across the world.
Helping abuse victims.
Both men and women are subject to domestic abuse in America.
Helping ex-convicts have a life.
Community service: Learning lessons.
How easy is it to deal with online fraud?
Human trafficking in the USA.
Rise in juvenile crime.
Health Presentation Topics:
Abusing supplements and vitamins.
How to quit smoking.
Working out too hard may actually hurt you.
How to keep your brain and body healthy?
Does biohacking really work?
Overusing the internet might make you sick.
How to deal with insomnia?
How to age gracefully?
Cosmetic surgeries: their effect on mental health.
Media Presentation Topics:
Setting rules for social media.
What makes a YouTube video go viral?
Setting the trend on social media.
Should celebrities be ashamed of their personal opinions on social media? Kevin Hart’s dilemma.
Staying safe on different online platforms.
Dangerous pranks and challenges that need to stop.
Do people still watch TV?
Netflix is changing the world of movies.
Political influence on the Academy Awards.
Child actors who actually made it.
Entertainment Presentation Topics:
Party ideas on a budget.
5 questions all kids have and how to answer them.
How to act on a bad hair day?
Are video games good for you?
10 Amazing things that you may actually do on the internet.
How to become popular?
Do dreams actually have meanings?
Power of positive thinking and visualizing.
The best way to photograph a baby.
How to look good in photos.
Financial Presentation Topics:
How to lower your costs and maximize the profit of your business?
Private banking: Pros and cons.
Saving money vs. taking a loan.
How to get rid of your credit card debt?
5 tips to manage your personal expenses.
How to travel and explore the world on a tight budget?
How to be a successful CFO?
Basic knowledge to be a financial analyst.
The advantages of having passive income.
Sharing public spending: What do people say?
Academic Writing Topic 1
If you could travel to 3 countries, where would you go and what would you do? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 2
In order to have a successful marriage, what steps should a couple take before getting married? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 3
Is book learning or experience more significant in a person’s life? Why? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 4
Is luck or effort more important in one’s life? Why do you think so? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 5
Should art be taught in public schools? Why or why not? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 6
Should businesses that pay for healthcare require employees to exercise? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 7
Should caps or limits be put on the salaries that professional athletes can earn? Why or why not? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 8
Should everyone go to college? Why or why not? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 9
Should grades in school be given? Why or why not? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 10
What are 3 common fears and how can people overcome them? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 11
What are 3 fun vacation places that most anyone would enjoy? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 12
What are 3 good hobbies or sports? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 13
What are 3 important cultural norms or traditions from your cultural background? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 14
What are 3 of the most significant news stories this year? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 15
What are advantages and disadvantages of cars? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 16
What are the 3 most important characteristics of a leader? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 17
What are the 3 most important subjects that students should study in high school to prepare them for the future? Why? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 18
What are the 3 most important subjects that students should study in college to prepare them for the future? Why? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 19
Do movies stars have a responsibility to be good role models? Why or why not? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 20
Do sports stars have a responsibility to be good role models? Why or why not? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 21
What are the advantages and disadvantages of computers? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 22
What are the benefits of gardening? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 23
What are the benefits of knowing your family history? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 24
What are the benefits of personal goal setting? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 25
What are the benefits of space exploration? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 26
What are the differences between long-time friends and new acquaintances? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 27
What are the steps that can be taken to achieve world peace? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 28
What are your top 3 to-dos on your life’s list? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 29
What is independence and why have so many wars been fought over it? (Opinion)
Academic Writing Topic 30
What is the government’s role in providing assistance to survivors of natural disasters? (Opinion)
Write about a Picture…
“A picture is worth a 1000 words,” so let’s start writing in response to a few photos! You can just describe what you see, write a fiction or non-fiction story, or journal in response to the images.
- The recruitment of children as soldiers in Africa
- The influence of celebrity supporters on the campaigns of politicians
- The effects of government restrictions imposed on the media in modern countries
- The most common causes of riots against elected governments
- Government policies for the integration of minorities in EU countries
- The role of committee investigations in modern government
- Is political corruption the main cause of poverty in developing countries?
- Compare the economic theories of Marx and Keynes
- The effects of the internet of things (IoT) on the economy
- Does increasing government spending have a long-term positive effect on GDP?
- The negative externalities of smoking
- The effects of oil prices on the economy of the United States in the 21st century
- Why do command economies fail?
- The role of the International Monetary Fund in Grenada
- What are the causes of the rise of China as an economic superpower?
- Structure, operation and performance of the diesel engine
- The role of genetics in preventing disease
- What are the causes of coastal erosion?
- Is antibiotic resistance a threat to public health?
- Analysis of the rings of Saturn
- Can we expect a universal cancer cure in the next 20 years?
- Social organization of orca pods
- Comparison of theories on the origin of life on our planet
- Is the military attack on foreign countries that have not declared war justified?
- The effects of globalization on France
- How important is etiquette in modern international relations?
- Does NATO help to improve international relations?
- The effects of mass immigration on racism in host countries
- Comparison of the relations of Russia (USSR) and the USA before and after the Cold War
- The effects of mobile technology on local businesses
- Comparison of mergers and acquisitions
- Analysis of key performance indicators for the automotive industry in the United States
- The best financial management practices in the sport industry
- Comparison of Unilever and Nestle
- Will performance-based remuneration improve productivity?
- Analysis of supply chain management in tourism
- Comparison of the Amazon and eBay business models
- The role of LinkedIn in recruitment
- What are the causes of eating disorders in adolescents?
- Can questioning by investigators alter the memory of eyewitnesses of crimes?
- Causes and effects of the Stockholm syndrome
- The effects of aging on mental health
- The impact of traumatic events on human behavior
- Can cognitive behavioral therapy be effective in the treatment of depression when used without antidepressants?
- Is there a link between obesity and mental health?
- What are the causes of social anxiety disorder?
- Is there a link between phobias and heart disease?
- Are the 4 P’s of marketing still relevant?
- Which are the most popular social networks for local business marketing and why?
- Comparison of online advertising and content marketing
- Is celebrity endorsement the most effective marketing tactic in the cosmetics industry?
- Does test marketing produce reliable and useful results?
- Analysis of the consumer decision making process
- Comparative analysis of sexual harassment cases
- Analysis of the Egyptian laws protecting women from sexual violence
- How effective is intellectual property law in protecting the rights of music artists?
- Should there be laws regulating the activities of cults?
- Does Indian law protect human rights adequately?
- Should the use of drones be regulated by the authorities?
- Should juvenile offenders be punished for felonies in the same way as adults?
- Comparison of the intercountry adoption systems of Turkey and the United States
- Should narcotics be decriminalized?
- What are the most effective ways for treating patients with dementia?
- Should midwives provide psychological support to patients?
- Is there discrimination against male nurses?
- Should nurses receive more on-the-job training?
- How do night shifts affect the productivity of nurses?
- Analysis of the handling of abusive patients
- What is the role of nurses in the sex education of youth?
- How important are communication skills for nurses?
- Should overweight nurses work with obese patients?
- Leadership in the nursing profession
- Hester Prynne as a feminist figure
- Comparison of Decameron and Canterbury Tales
- What is the role of the Chorus in Antigone?
- Compare and contrast Hamlet and Laertes
- What is the attitude towards social class in the novel Don Quixote?
- How does Virginia Wolf treat the matter of the female body in A Room of One’s Own?
- When is the best time for children to begin school?
- Should teachers be replaced with computers?
- Is there gender discrimination in the teaching profession?
- Compare and contrast the Montessori and Waldorf methods of teaching
- Should high school students learn through games?
- Does physical education contribute to the academic performance of students?
- Should there be a maximum age for college admission?
- Is the interest in education dropping among school students?
- The effects of racial identity on the self-image
- Employment income inequalities between women and men
- The effects of feminism on divorce rates
- How important are family meals?
- The effects of interracial adoption on children
- Was the Cuban Missile Crisis the hottest point of the Cold War?
- Compare and contrast Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union under Stalin
- The role of propaganda in World War II
- Were the Dark Ages a time of cultural regression?
- How did the Pol Pot regime shape modern Cambodia?
Art and Music
- Comparison of Greek and Renaissance sculpture
- The significance of Madonna’s music in modern popular culture
- Analysis of Van Gogh’s Starry Night
- The influence of religion on art
25 Real-World Discussion Topics for Learners
What qualities do we need in a potential world leader that we’ve never had before?
What alternate sources of energy might we need to turn to in the next 50 to 60 years, and how can we provide them?
How can we help people struggling in underprivileged regions of the world lead better lives?
How can we make our school better using what resources we have available?
Does our technology connect us more, or isolate us more? Why do you feel this way?
Why is having values and beliefs important and how can we form them independently?
What are some more engaging alternatives to homework that we could use in our class?
Which words or phrases do we overuse, and what would be some better ones?
Are schools designed more for male or female students? Why do you feel this way?
Of the two, which is more important: having talent or working hard? Why?
Is homeschooling better than traditional education? Why or why not?
What are the advantages of letting students direct their own learning?
Does classroom technology enhance how we learn, or is it just getting in the way? Why?
Does Facebook need a “Dislike” button? What would be the immediate and long-term effects of this feature?
How can we better protect ourselves in our online environments?
What is a “sellout”, and what popular artists do you consider to be “sellouts” and why?
How do you define the term “perfection” in contrast to how it is portrayed in our pop culture media?
What are the benefits and consequences of questioning/challenging authority?
How can we best express ourselves even when we don’t know another’s language?
What is “art” and why do individual cultures place so much value on its continuing evolution?
How is our perception of good and evil shaped by our films, books, and video games?
Why is it crucial to consider the effects of our words and actions on other people?
Why is it necessary for long-term health and wellness to achieve balance in our lives, and how can we achieve it?
What personal qualities do you have that help you deal with conflict, challenge, and adversity?
Are there universal characteristics of belief systems that are common across all cultures? What are they and how can they bring us together?