- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 2 teaspoons jeera
- 1/2 inch ginger finely cut
- 3/4 cup onion finely cut
- green chillies (according to taste, from Indian/Asian stores)
- cooking oil
1) Lightly grease a mixing bowl with dairy free margarine. Mix the rice flour, jeera, onions in the bowl till it forms a light crumbly mixture.
2) Add hot water to the mixture and let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
3)Add coriander, green chillies, ginger and mix well with water to form dough, slightly looser than the consistency of Chappati dough.
4) Make into medium-sized balls.
5) On a skillet, pat the balls into a flat shape. Dribble oil along the sides.
6) Wait till the edges turn brown.
7) Flip it over and brown on other side.
8) Makes crisp, crunchy rotis which should be served hot.
9) Generally, whole rotis don’t result because of the brittleness of rice flour.
Serves: 4 – 6