- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup dried lentils
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 2-3 tablespoon dry vegan bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon Sweet and sour sauce
- 4 med green onions
- Hot cooked chinese noodles or rice
- 1 med stalk celery sliced
- 1 med carrot sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon sweet and sour sauce
1.Heat rice, lentils and water to boiling in 2 quart pot, reduce to low and cover and simmer for 30-40 min., stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender and water is absorbed. Cool slightly.
2. Mash rice mixture a bit with a fork, stir in cashews, bread crumbs, sweet and sour sauce and onions. Shape mixture into 4 patties.
3.Spray large skillet with vegetable spray. Cook patties for about ten minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Remove patties and keep warm.
4.Prepare sauce in same skillet by heating the ingredients to boiling, then reduce to medium heat. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes until vegetablres are tender. Add patties and cover and cook over med. heat for 5-8 minutes or until patties are hot. Serve sauce and patties over noodles or rice. Green beans make a nice side dish to this recipe. :-)