- 1 block firm (haven’t tried extra-firm)refrigerated Tofu
- plain vegan soymilk
- 1 cup dry vegan bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder (depending on your taste)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- olive oil (in a sprayer)
- marinara sauce for dipping
Cut the tofu in half lengthwise, place on a plate between sheets of paper towel and place another plate on top. Place a pot of water or other heavy object on top. Let stand for about an hour. Cut the tofu into “sticks” about 3/4″ wide.
Combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Dip the “sticks” into the soymilk and then coat with the bread crumb mixture. Place on a cookie sheet and spray lightly with the olive oil on all sides.
Place under broiler on middle rack of the oven. When they are browned, turn them over and brown the other side.
Heat up the marinara for dipping and enjoy!
I do not know what the nutritional value is on these. I just know they are delicious!