- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup soy non-hydrogenated vegan margarine, softened
- 1 scant cup vegan sugar or other sweetener
- 2 heaping teaspoon soy flour combined with 2 tablespoon water
- 2 large bananas, mashed up
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegan soymilk combined with 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut, toasted until light brown (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F), and lightly grease muffin pan.
In a blender, combine applesauce, margarine and sweetener until fluffy. Then beat in soy flour mixture, followed by bananas. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl.
Stir flour mixture and soy milk mixture alternately into banana mixture, until just moistened. Then stir in vanilla.
Pour batter into muffin cups, filling about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle toasted coconut on top. Bake until golden, about 23 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack before removing from muffin pan. Enjoy!!
Serves: 12 muffins