- 1/2 cup soy non-hydrogenated vegan margarine, softened
- 1 1/3 cup vegan sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegan sour “cream”
- 2 tablespoon vegan soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup mashed over ripe bananas
- 1 or 1 1/2 cups nuts (slivered almonds mixed with chopped walnuts)
Preheat oven to 350 dgrees. Spray large loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, cream together margarine and vegan sugar. Add applesauce, sour “cream,” soy milk, and vanilla. Mix on high until fluffy.
Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this dry mixture to creamed mixture, alternating with the mashed bananas. Mix on low after each addition. Stir in nuts.
Pour into loaf pan and bake for one hour. Inserted toothpick should come out clean. Cool completely in the pan, using a cooling rack. Turn onto a plate.
Preparation time: 15 minute