- 7 different kinds of uncooked beans (and some lentils if you wish) 2 full cups in quantity
- 3 shredded onions(in rings)
- 6 large carrots sliced thin
- 1cup of frozen or fresh peas
- 1/4 cup of barley
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- Seasoning: 3 large garlic buds
- 1tablespoon of oregano.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon of demarara suger
- pepper to taste
- chilli powder and or curry to your liking
- 3 cans of stewed tomatoes
Preparation time: 6 hrs.
Sautee onions. Roller Boil All the beans for 1/2 hour. Pour off water. Bring back to simmer and do so for 4 to 5 hrs with enough water to “double” cover the beans. Add water as you go if needed. THROW EVERYTHING in together and leave until done Freezes well in portions Very healthy – add what you want. It is a “meaty