- 1 loaf french bread (sliced)
- 1-2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 medium sized onion (I prefer the sweeter kind), thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons basil, approximately
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place sliced red peppers and onions in a pan with a small amount of olive oil, cook until peppers and onions are tender.
3. Place slices of bread onto a baking sheet and then drizzle oil on them.
4. Spread the minced garlic onto the bread slices, then stick the pan in the oven for 3 min, or until very lightly toasted.
5. Remove the pan from the oven, and evenly distribute the onions, peppers, and basil on each slice, add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Put the pan in the oven for about 5-10 min, or when the bread is nice and toasty (golden brown).