- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup papaya
1. Lightly brown the onion in the olive oil over medium- high heat, then stir in the bell pepper, celery, cumin, and spices. Saute for 1 minute.
2. Transfer to a stainless steel bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked black beans and papaya, tossing to combine. Chill.
Note: If you are making this salsa ahead of time, add the papaya immediately before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minu