Increase Serving Adjust Original recipe yields
8 servings Ingredient
- 4 baked potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ carrot, grated
- ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Step 1Mash potatoes and black beans together in a large bowl, removing any large pieces of potato skin if desired. Mix onion, carrot, green pepper, mushrooms, and garlic into potato mixture with a fork, mashing until well-mixed.
- Step 2Stir Worcestershire sauce, cumin, chili powder, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper into potato mixture. Form mixture into 8 patties.
- Step 3Working in batches, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties in hot oil until golden and set on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes; flip each burger and cook until golden and hot throughout, about 4 minutes more.