- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup fried onions (fresh or packaged)
- 2 slices multigrain vegan bread, crumbled finely
- Cracker crumbs
- Salt, pepper, other seasonings (your choice)
- Oil or no-stick spray (for frying)
In large bowl, mash beans. Mix in crumbled vegan bread, onions and spices. Mix thoroughly, and add just enough cracker crumbs to make patties capable of holding together. Form mixture into patties or balls. (These can be coated with more cracker crumbs, if desired.)
Fry patties on both sides in a lightly greased frying pan.
Serve on buns, or any way you like ’em!
P.S.: Works with almost any kind of be