- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped or sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red potato, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
Heat the oil in a large skillet or pot and add the onion, garlic and potato. Cook over high heat, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper, tomato, chili powder, cumin and 3/4 cup water.
Reduce heat slightly, then cover and simmer until the potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in the beans and corn and cook until heated through. Add salt to taste.
202 calories per serving