- tomato salsa (about 2 cups)
- black beans( about 4 cups)
- corn kernels( (2 cups)
- 4 – 6 ounces cheese substitute/ like jack/ jalapeno jack.
- flour tortillas (the soft ones)– 12
- avocado slices-thin
- parsley OR cilantro sprigs
Spoon beans into large oven-proof platter. On top of that place the corn, then the “cheese”.
Bake at 400 till heated through. Meanwhile heat tortillas; best done by moistening with water, wrapping in foil, placing in oven for few minutes.
Garnish bean mixture with avocado slices and cilantro or parsley. Spoon into tortillas. Serve with salsa, to taste.
This is simpler than it sounds, and twice as delicious. Even my fussy 15 year old ate it, and so ends the reign of peanut butter…
Nutrition info per serving: 748 calories, (26% cal. from fat), 30 grams protein, 112 g. carbs., 23 g. total fat (5 g.= saturated) 24 mg. chol., 1,047 g. sodium
Serves: 4 to 6