- 1 can of black beans-do not drain (I like Pastene)
- 1 1/2 cans of water, add more to make soup
- 3/4 cup of white rice
- 2 tablespoon of Vegetable Flakes
- 1/2 teas. cumin
- 1/2 teas. Cilantro or ground Corriander
- 1/2 teas. garlic powder (can use fresh)
- 1/2 teas. onion powder
- 1/4 teas. ground red pepper (add more for spicier)
- 1/2 teas. of oregano
- a little salt and sometimes I add Chili Powder too.
Empty can of beans into a pot. Add the 2 1/2 cans of water to it. Add all seasonings and bring to a boil over HI heat. Reduce heat to LOW, add rice and cover for 20 minutes. This recipe can be made into soup by adding more water.