- 12 pre-packaged taco shells. Follow instructions on package.
- 4 medium sized yellow yukon potatoes cubed small.
- 2 1/2 cups cooked & drained black eye peas.
- 1 medium vadalia onion cubed small.
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped small.
- 1 clove garlic minced.
- choice of spices.
- olive oil to prevent sticking.
- chopped tomatoes.
- shredded lettuce.
- shredded purple cabbage.
- taco sauce.
Warm oven according to taco package instructions. In a frying pan heat olive oil, add garlic wait for aroma, add onion to brown. Add black eyed peas and brown to aroma. Add spices. When brown, add enough water to keep them from burning. Cover, turn heat to low. At the same time prepare potatoes in the same manner without the garlic or spices in another pan. When peas are soft add potatoes, stir, cover, keep heat low for 10 minutes.
Note: try not to over spice this dish. The combination of black eyed peas and potatoes blend together so well that vary little spice is needed.
Prepare taco shells. Stuff shells with black eyed peas/potatoe mix. Top with lettuce, cabbage, tomato, and taco sauce.
Serves: 4 + or –
Preparation time: 30 minutes-cut all ingredients ahea