- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 each – green pepper & red pepper – diced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, green & white parts separated
- 5 medium red skinned potatoes – diced
- 4 cups veggie broth or water
- 1/2 cup soy protein powder – plain, not flavored
- 4 cups vegan soymilk
- 2 – 3 cups corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon thyme
In a large pot, saute the peppers & white part of the scallions in the oil till tender. Add the veggie broth or water along with the potatoes & simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
In a bowl, wisk the soy protein powder into the soy milk till smooth. Add to the pepper/potato mix, along with the corn, thyme & the green scallions. Simmer approximately 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
This makes a large batch of chowder, so use a big pot. It thickens considerably on standing, so you may want to add more soy milk when re-heating.
This would make a great “cream” base for any “cream” soup.