- 2 large fresh zuccinis (green, yellow or both), sliced in circles
- 1 large fresh tomato, peeled, sliced
- 1 fresh carrot, finely chopped
- 5-6 white mushrooms, cleaned, sliced thin
- 1/2 granny smith apple, sliced thin
- 1/2 vidalia onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vegan brown sugar
- fresh parsley, salt and pepper to taste
Heat 3 tbs. olive oil in wok. Add onion, ginger, garlic, and parsley. Simmer over medium heat until veggies are golden brown. Add mushrooms and simmer until they shrink and begin to make their own sauce. Add all other veggies (zuccini, tomato, carrot, apple) and seasonings (brown vegan sugar, salt and pepper).
Reduce heat to medium and cover. Allow veggies to simmer for 15-20 min., stirring occasionally, until tender. Add extra olive oil if necessary. Be sure to mix ingredients well as brown vegan sugar has a tendency to become clumpy and sticky.
Serve over brown rice in the backyard. :)