- 3 cups of brown rice
- 1 small head of savoy cabbage (the head of curly mild cabbage), thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- soy sauce, shoyu, or tamari to taste
Heat the sesame oil in a skillet and saute the raw rice till it is lightly toasted. Then, cook in the usual manner you choose.
When the rice is cooked, saute the onion in the olive oil till they begin to get clear. Add the cabbage and carrots. Let this just slightly brown in places. Add the rice and saute till everything is hot, but don’t attempt to fry the rice, you have already done that!
Add soy sauce, shoyu or tamari, if you like.
I always toast my brown rice this way, because I like it. If you do that too, then you can just keep extra cooked rice in the fridge for a fast and easy meal. You can also use other vegetables, whatever you have around, as long as you always use onions.
Preparation time: 30 mins, plus co