- 4 oz unrefined caster vegan sugar
- 4 oz non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Replacer (e.g.’No Egg’)
- 2 tablespoon baking soda
- 6 oz SR flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can fruit pie filling/ 300g fresh berries (I used cherries)
- 1-2 tablespoon soya milk
- For custard:
- 2 tablespoon custard powder
- 1/2 pint soya milk
1. Cream vegan sugar and margarine until soft and fluffy.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together and fold into vegan sugar
mixture. Add soya milk until mixture easily falls off the spoon.
3. Grease a microwaveable pudding bowl and place the fruits/pie filling in the base.
4. Gently pour cake mix over top. Cover with microwaveable cling film and microwave on high for 5-6 mins, depending on strength of microwave.
5. Once ready, leave to stand while you make up the custard according to instructions. (Soya milk custard is better than any other custard I’ve tasted, and if you make it in the microwave, it takes half the time, and there are no lumps!)
6. Eat! Lovely, sweet, hot and filling. Take that, non-vegans!