- 1 can of pre-cooked lentils
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (325gm)
- 1 teaspoon each of cumin, sweet paprika and turmeric
- 2 cups of cooked rice (left overs are perfect)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 5 small potatoes (cut into small stewing pieces)
- 2 medium potatoes for topping thinly sliced
- 1/2 – 1 cup of grated soy cheese
Preheat oven to 180 deg cel.
Drain lentils and combine with can of chopped tomatoes, spring onion, minced garlic and dry ingredients (NOT the rice yet) in a medium size pot.
Take medium diced potatoes and microwave until relatively soft. Add into pot and put onto simmer until potatoes are soft (as in a stew).
Once potatoes are tender add rice to mixture, stir and simmer for a few more minutes.
Pour mixture into large lasagna or casserole dish. Lay thinly cut potatoes on the top and sprinkle with Soy cheese or Chreeze mix. Place in oven for 10 mins – until potato slices are tender.
Serve as a side dish or larger portions (feeds 4) as main.