- 1 box Rice-A-Roni Spanish Rice Mix
- 2 tablespoon non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- 2 Cups hot water
- 2 Cups chopped fresh tomatoes (canned work fine, but drain and
- chop before putting them in; adjust to taste)
- 1 16 oz, can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies (adjust to taste)
Combine rice-vermicelli mix and margarine in a large pot.
Saute over medium heat until vermicelli is lightly browned.
Stir in hot water, contents of seasoning packet, beans, green chilies, and tomatoes.
Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat.
Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Stir before serving.
Menu mates: green salad and mexican vegan cornbread muffins.
Serves: 3 to 4