- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 large carrot, chopped into chunks
- 2 large handfuls lentils
- 2 large handfuls barley
- 2 large handfuls textured soy protein pellets
- 1/2 cup small pasta such as spirals or macaroni
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon vegan maple syrup
- garlic, onion, salt, pepper etc. to taste
Bring water or broth to boil.
Meanwhile, chop the carrot. Add carrot, lentil, barley, textured soy protein and spices to pot. Reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes.
Add pasta and simmer 10 more minutes.
Add spinach and stir. Add syrup, stir. Serve immediately.