- Equivalent of 4 eggs
- 1 cup apple sauce (replacing oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 4 big bananas or 6 medium ones, all mushed up
- 1 to 2 cups vegan sugar (I use a little over one cup)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- walnuts (optional)
- raisins (optional)
Spray either two loaf pans or one (large) rectangular lasagna pan with cooking spray.
Preheat oven to 325 for loaves (350 for rectangular pan).
Combine dry ingredients (except walnuts & raisins). Combine wet ingredients in (separate) big mixing bowl (electric mixer is best). Add dry ingredient combo to wet until thoroughly mixed. Stir in walnuts/raisins (if using).
Bake loaves for 1 1/2 hours (or rectangular pan for 1 hour). Bread will be dark brown.
Serves: 2 loaves
Preparation time: 20 m