- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions (more if you like)
- 8 cloves garlic (more is better when you’re sick)
- bell peppers
- 10 cups cold water (substitute broth)
- 2 cans kidney beans and other kinds of beans, if wanted
- 3 cups dehydrated textured soy protein
- 1 can tomato sauce (substitute canned tomatoes or paste)
- approx 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon vegan poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (might be too much for some)
- 2-3 cups cooked noodles (substitute maybe 1 cup uncooked)
- 2 tsps Old Bay Seasoning
- salt, to taste
Saute the onions and garlic in the oil until onions are translucent, about 5-8 minutes.
Add the cold water, beans, textured soy protein, and tomato sauce, and mushrooms. Stir in the seasonings, and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat, and let simmer until flavors start to meld, about 20-30 minutes.
If using cooked noodles, add them just to heat, about 2-3 minutes. If using uncooked noodles, allow enough time for them to cook. Stir in Old Bay Seasoning.
Add salt a little at a time until all the flavors are discernible.
Serves: about 10