- 1 eggplant
- 1 cup vegan soymilk/ some kind of vegan milk
- egg replacement for 2 eggs whites
- 1 cup (or more- depending on how many eggplant slices) FF cracker crumbs,
- 1 teaspoon oregano, 2 teaspoon bazil, nutritional yeast, 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Slice the eggplant 1/2 in. (more or less) thick, sprinkle with salt, let drain in collander for an hour with weight on it. Preheat oven to 350.
Put flour in a bowl. Combine soy milk and egg-replacement in another bowl. In a thrid bowl combine cracker crumbs and spices.
Dip each eggplant slice (to coat) into each bowl in the above order and set on lightly greased cookie sheet. Cook 25-35 min. or until soft (ie: cooked).
At this point, I put sauce over it and put it back in the oven with cheese on my girlfriend’s and just sauce and Nut. Yeast on mine for about 5 min. Have over brown rice or noodles. With a basil tomato salad: Tomatoes, cukes, red onion, fresh basil, oregano, lemon juice, salt, garl