- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup black eye beans
- 3 potatoes, chopped 1cm cubes
- 1 eggplant, chopped 1cm cubes
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, broken into small bits
- 1 Tbspn fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 Tbspn crushed garlic
- 2 Tbspn mild curry powder
- 2 Tbspn sweet paprika
- 1 tspn fenugreek powder
- 1 tspn cummin
- 1 tspn tumeric
- 2 tspn ground coriander powder
- 1 tspn minced chili
- 2 Tbspn soya vegan mayonnaise
Before cooking : Soak lentils and beans in water for at least 4 hours. If you like roasted vegetables, coat potato and eggplant in oil and roast in moderate oven for about 1 hour (however, if pressed for time, the potatoes could be boiled and the eggplant fried with the other vegies).
Rinse and boil lentils and beans until they are soft (you can add saffron to the water to colour the lentils). Heat mayonnaise in large saucepan. Add garlic, ginger and all other spices. Add onion, capsicum, zucchini and broccoli and fry until vegetables have softened. Add cooked lentils/beans and roasted vegetables to this vegie/spice mixture. Add a little water and more mayonnaise if it looks too dry.
Serve with rice and hold your forks high!