- 1 cup cooked beans (pinto, black, or adzuki)
- 1 cup cooked grain of choice (1/4-1/2 cup uncooked millet or quinoa work best)
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped or diced to preference
- 1 handful diced onion of choice
- 1 handful diced bell pepper of choice
- 1-2 teaspoon canola or olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoon tamari
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water or broth/bean liquid
- salt, pepper, and other seasonings of choice I use cumin, cayenne and
- garlic powder
First put oil and tamari in small skillet. Turn burner on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and pepper simultaneously. Cook for about 2-4 minutes until onion is translucent and pepper has changed color. Add beans to mixture and slightly mash with wooden stirring spoon. Cook 1 minute, and then add the grain. Let cook 1-4 minutes stirring frequently until all liquid is evaporated and dish is on the dryer side. Is best with steamed veggies and/or a salad.
1 serving of carbos and 1 serving of protein.