- 2/3 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Wheat flour
- 1 Cup Quinua flour
- 1 Tsp.Sea salt (or regular salt’s O.K.)
- Some flour for kneading
- 1/4 Cup Minced green pepper
- 1 Tbs.Minced onion
- 1/2 Cup Cooked and mashed garbanzo beans
- 1/2 Cup Quinua – washed well and well cooked
- You can also vary by adding minced carrots, shredded
DOUGH: In a bowl, mix both flours,the salt and water. Knead well for about 5 mins. on the counter or large cutting board, squeezing the dough with your fists and turning it once in a while. Roll the dough out until its thin and cut into 4″ x 4″ squares.
FILLING: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
TO COMBINE: Place about 2 Tbs. (it’s trial and error to get just the right amount) of the filling in the center of each dough square, fold all four corners towards the center and seal all edges with water. Fry them in a little oil until brown or vapor cook them for about 15 mins.
Serve with a salad and enjoy!!
Preparation time: About 35 minut