- fresh garlic (as much as you can stand)
- 1 small onion (yellow or red)
- 2 cans of black, red or pinto beans (or any combination)
- 12 ounces meat substitute. (I use yves, but you can use anything.. some ideas are crumbled
- tofu, cubed various veggies, nuts, or textured soy protein
- 1-3 tomatoes (chopped)
- olive oil
- jalepenos, chili or green peppers to taste
- chili powder, cumin, salt, or hot sauce
- lime (optional)
- chips (optional)
- soy cheese (optional) watch out for casein.
Place the beans in a large pan and warm. Finely chop the garlic and onion and saute in olive oil until onions are almost clear. Add meat substitute to pan along with chili, cumin, and/or hot sauce to flavor. Brown the “meat”, then add to the beans. Add tomatoes.
You’re done! Sprinkle lime into chili. My girlfriend eats this up like crazy. She likes me to put alot of oil in it though :). Top with soy cheese if you like, and serve with chips… :)
Preparation time: 15 m