- fresh brocolli florets
- angle-cut carrot slices, about 1/2 inch thick
- sliced button or shiitake mushrooms
- firm, ripe tomatoes, cut into eighths
- green bell pepper, cut into long, thin strips
- green and yellow zucchini, chopped in half, then coined
- firm tofu, pressed and sliced into 1/2″ by 2″ slices
- cooked brown rice
Equipment needed: bamboo steamer basket and wok, or stainless steel steamer and pan with lid. Put about 1 inch of water in the wok or pan. Add 1/4-1/3 cup tamari. Place pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, put vegetables and tofu in the steamer. When water/tamari comes to a low simmer, put steamer in pan, and cover with lid. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on desired tenderness of vegetables. Serve with brown rice. Sprinkle about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the tamari water over the rice. Enjoy!!
Serves: as many as you want.