- 1 cup organic corn meal
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup rice or vegan soymilk
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup of vegetable, corn, or canola oil
- 3 teaspoon Ener-g Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 4 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix water and Ener-G Egg Replacer until there are no white lumps or residue. put to side.
Mix dry ingredients in a med to lg mixing bowl. (If you use a vegan sugar substitute, note that not all subs are 1:1)
Mix in soymilk (I use Edensoy extra), oil, then egg replacer. mix well.
Grease baking pan (I use a medium cast iron skillet for my vegan cornbread and cakes, but be creative) with oil or soy margarine.
Pour mix in pan and bake for 20-25 min or until you can poke the center with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
Slice and enjoy.