- 1/2 of a large bag of spinach
- 1/4 cup of red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Garam Masala**
- 1 teaspoon onion powder/garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils/chickpeas, your choice
- splash of apple juice, lemon, or both
- salt and pepper to desired amount
- 1/4 cup green onions
Cook the spinach, green onions and all the spices/juices/veggie stock in a wok-type pan for a couple minutes with a bit of water till spinach is properly wilted. You also want it to be somewhat “juicy” and for there to be some liquid left in the pan.
Take this cooked spinach mix and place in a blender with the cloves of garlic, the lentils, and the red peppers and puree to desired consistency.
This goes great with potatoes, basmati rice, and especially pitas that have been warmed in an oven till they are a bit crispy. You could also serve this together with hummus.
Indian spice mix (comprised of: cumin, black pepper, coriander, clove, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace). Probably can be found at most grocery stores, if not try specialty/health stores.