- 500g of spinach or 300g of watercress
- 1 Table spoon of crunchy peanut butter (subs crushed peanuts)
- 2 Table spoons of oil
- 500 ml veg stock (use veg stock cube)
- 500 ml water
- 2 Tea spoons of turmerick
- a pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- One Table spoon of Dark soy
- Large “Chunk” of ginger
- (Bean curd if disired)
This is a light soup sutable as a starter or light meal, like lunch.
Mix salt, pepper, nutmeg and turmerick in a bowl with enough of the dark soy to make a paste.
Heat oil in a sauce pan, add ginger and fry for a few seconds. Add the peanut butter. Stir rapidly as the peanut butter will stick to the bottom of the pan. after 30 seconds add the stock, Stir lots. Take a ladle of the stock and add to the tumerick paste. Stir the paste into the liquid in the bowl. Add the rest of the soy and the tumerick mixture to the pan. Stir. Add the Spinach or watercress to the pan. Cook for about 5-10 mins `til the spinach / watercress is cooked. Add tofu or bean curd one minute before the end if you would like