- 4 oz. bean threads (aka cellophane noodles) Made from bean starch
- 1/3 cup dried Chinese mushrooms
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 medium zuccini, peeled
- 2tablespoon tamari
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegan sugar
- 2tablespoon Asian sesame oil (Do not substitute another oil)
- 4 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Before I start, I must tell you if you do not try this recipe you are missing out on a lot. This is my favorite meal. My husband makes it for my birthdays.
1. In a large bowl filled with warm tap water, soak bean threads for 30 minutes and drain. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl filled with hot tap water, soak dried mushrooms for 15 minutes and drain. Cut off stems and discard. Slice caps into strips.
3. While veggies are soaking, cut carrot and zucchini into matchsticks. Transfer to a bowl and toss with soy sauce, garlic, and vegan sugar.
4. In a wok or large frying pan, heat sesame oil. Cook scallions over med-high heat until barely tender, 1-2 min. Add carrot, zucchini, and musrhooms and stir-fry 2-3 min.
5. Add bean sprouts and spinach and cook 1-2 min. Add drained bean threads and cook, stirring, until heated through, 2-3 min. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.