- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 large or 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, 2 minced, 2 sliced
- 3-4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large bunch kale, washed, stemmed, and coarsely chopped
- 2, 14-ounce cans vegetarian chicken broth (or equivalent amount of vegetable broth)
- 2-4 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegan soymilk
1. Saut� the carrots, celery, and onion in the olive oil over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and saut� 3 minutes further.
2. Add the cubed potato and toss with the other vegetables. Let cook 2 minutes. Toss the kale with the other vegetables and wilt slightly for about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the vegetarian chicken broth (or vegetable broth) and enough water to cover the vegetables by one inch, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, and salt and pepper. Cover and simmer over medium heat for about 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
4. Remove 3-4 cups of soup and put in blender with the soymilk. Puree. Return the puree to the soup pot and simmer another 10 minutes.