- 1-2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) amount depends on how hungry you are!
- 1/2-1 onion, finely chopped*
- 1-3 stalks celery, as desired
- s pinch of fresh, minced garlic
- salt/fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Nayonaise
* If you want to take ‘the edge’ off the onions, you can put them in a little container with some water and microwave them for 2-4 minutes.
Open cans of chickpeas, drain and rinse well. Put chickpeas in a bowl and “smash” them up well (do NOT puree).
Add all other ingredients, stirring well & enjoy now or refrigerate until needed.
Can be used as sandwich filler, or on a bed of spinach, garnished with shredded carrots, cucumber sliced and fresh, diced tomatoes, as a main course.
Try different variations of this dish by adding your favorite herbs & spices, fresh garden vegetables, etc.
Preparation time: 5-