- 1 12 oz tub vegan “sour cream” (Frozen and thawed)
- 1 10.5 oz package Extra-Firm Silken Tofu (Mori-Nu)
- 1 cup fresh squeezed key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or more to taste)
- pinch salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup vegan sugar (sucanat)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed Ener-G Egg Replacer (Ener-G brand)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 teaspoon miso (mellow yellow miso use less if using a darker miso)
- 1 vegan pie crust (see below)
This is a vegan adaptation of my sour cream lemon pie. Serve with mock whipped topping if desired.
Blend together until totally smooth, stopping to scrape down sides if necessary.
Taste and adjust for vegan sugar. Pour into crust. Smooth top. If using the crust below, attractively fold in phyllo tightly to make a tightly rolled edge around the pie. Spray crust lightly with oil or non-stick spray. Sprinkle with vegan sugar or flax if desired. Bake at 350 for approximately 30-35 minutes. Ovens are different. Check often. When edges are nice and lightly browned, and filling is almost set (top will crackle like real cheesecake), turn off oven and allow pie to cool in oven for another 30 minutes or so�check to make sure it is not getting too brown. Then cool and refrigerate.
A homemade graham or other crumb crust or other vegan crust would work equally well here, but this is a pretty and unusual crust.
- 9 sheets vegan whole-wheat phyllo dough
- Approx. 1 tablespoon ground flax seed (crumbs would also work well)
- Approx. 1 teaspoon vegan sugar
- Oil spray or non-stick (I use a non-aerosol sprayer)
Place sheet across 9 inch pie plate. Spray lightly with oil, sprinkle lightly with flax and vegan sugar, place second sheet perpendicular to the first and spray lightly with oil, sprinkle with flax and vegan sugar. Repeat, arranging the sheets like overlapping spokes, ending with a spray of oil, and a healthy sprinkle of flax and vegan sugar.
Serves: 6-12 (depending on how you slice it)
Preparation time: 30 minutes + baking