- 1-2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans (15 oz) of vegetable broth
- 1 can of diced tomatoes in sauce
- 1-2 cans of water from broth can
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and chopped
I just threw this together one day after perusing other kale recipes.
Saut� onions, carrot & red pepper in olive oil till almost soft, than add the garlic and saut� till the other veggies are soft. Add beans, corn, broth, tomatoes, 1 can of water and bay leaves and simmer for 30 minutes, adding additional water as needed. Add kale and cook till kale is wilted. Remove bay leaves before serving. This is really good with cornbread.