- 4 15.8 oz cans of great northern beans
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery w/leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry rosemary – more or less to taste
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 vegetarian bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon of soup base (I use vegetarian chicken style)
- 1/4 cup catsup for a little color
- 4 cups of water – more or less
- salt, pepper and garlic to taste
Cook onions, carrots & celery until soft.
Add water and bring to boil.
Add beans and remaining ingredients and return to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Sometime during the cooking process, remove about 1 cup of beans and broth. Puree & return to soup. This should make your soup a little thicker. If you prefer a thinner broth, omit this step.
I like to serve this soup with a Natural Touch Brand “Okara Patty” on a hard roll.