- 1 large aubergine/ eggplant
- 2 courgettes/ zucchini, cut into 1cm squares
- 1 large onion
- 2 450g tins of plum tomatoes
- chilli powder
- splash of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to season
- serve on a bed of basmati rice
Shallow fry the onion in olive oil in a large saucepan and add diced courgettes once the onion has become soft.
In another pan cook the diced aubergine in a little oil and add water if the aubergine becomes too dry in the cooking process. Add to the onions and courgettes once cooked.
Add the tomatoes and crushed garlic. Then add chilli and turmeric according to taste as well as a generous helping of mint.
Add salt and pepper to season.