- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2–3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 cup (190g) dry brown lentils
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubes (4–5 cups; 617 g)
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 ounces (57 g) baby spinach
- Salt and Black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot to medium heat and add a splash of neutral cooking oil or vegetable broth. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the rosemary, thyme, and black pepper to taste, then sauté for an additional 1 to 2 minutes
- Next, add the lentils, sweet potatoes, and vegetable broth to the pot. Stir and bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and let simmer on medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes, until the lentils are fully cooked. Turn off the heat, then stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve warm. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or can be frozen for up to one month.