- Lentils – as much as you’d like to eat
- Water – twice as much water as you have lentils
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – a couple spoonfuls
- Sage – as much as suits your taste (enough to make lentils “sagey”)
- Salt – enough to suit your taste
- Herbs of other types – as much as you like
Rinse lentils and put them in a pot. Add water. Toss in the olive oil, sage, and salt. Cook for 40 minutes and taste. If you prefer, add more sage, olive oil, and/or salt.
Mmm, lentils are good with sage.
Serves: 1 – lots