- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup vegan sugar of choice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) vegan margarine/butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soymilk or rice milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries/raspberrys
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease cookie sheet lightly with butter or oil.
In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and dash of salt. Add in vegan sugar, butter (softened), lemon juice, and soymilk and mix until just combined.
Stir in blueberries and/or raspberries LAST and gently mix. Do not over mix!
(Over mixing dough with berries can cause your scone to have a dullish purple/gray hue rather than a warm buttery color.)
Drop dough into 6-7 circular clumps on cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
They look and taste just like the fruit scones from Starbucks!! =>
Serves: 6-7 scones