- 1 can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 can diced or stewed tomatoes, mexi-style
- 1 can black beans, liquid reserved
- 1 can kernel corn or small pkg. frozen
- mushrooms, sliced
- black olives, sliced
- soya cheese
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning or chili powder to taste
- tortilla chips
Spray casserole with non-stick spray. Crush tortilla shells in bottom. Set oven to 425.
In small saucepan, heat refried beans with half can of tomatoes and stir until smooth. Spoon into casserole.
Add remaining ingredients in layers as desired, finishing with soya cheese. Heat bean liquid and stir in seasoning until dissolved. Pour over all.
Cover with foil and cook 30 minutes so flavors meld. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and additional chips. Also great spooned into taco shells or tortillas. Microwaves for a quick “junk food” fix, yet negligable fat. Enjoy!