- 2 – 3 cups chili sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn (or fresh sut off the cob)
- 1 cup fresh green beans, 1″ pieces
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 cup beans and/or 1/2 pound low fat tofu or tempeh,
- cut into cubes
Stew it all in a large pot for about 1 hour. Serve over polenta, rice, noodles, etc.
Obviously, delete and add vegetables to your taste!
For those who prefer more spicy, add a can of green chilies or even some jalapenos. For those who prefer is milder, add a chopped tomato, or serve ff yogurt or sourcream to “soften” it a bit.
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- dried chilies
Read chili package for “mild” or “hot” to your taste, soak in boiling water for at least 1 hour, over night is okay. Blend the chilies in blender until smooth, adding the soaking liquid to the right consistency. If you want it really smooth, you will need to strain it as some of the skin remains in pieces. (I don’t bother)