- 2 large skinned, seeded tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fine burghul (burghul is wheat pilaf)
- 2 cups finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Wash the burghul in very cold water. Drain quickly, pressing out as much water as possible.
Add salt, lemon oil, and black pepper. Blend well. Allow the mixture to stand for a few minutes to absorb the flavour.
Meanwhile, add the chopped veggies. Be sure that the veggies are dry, so that it won’t cause the burghul to become too wet.
Add the mint and serve as a side dish, main dish or over lettuce as a salad.