- 2 cups cooked lentils; follow pkg. directions
- 1/4-1/2 lb. fresh green beans, washed and ends removed
- 3/4 cup shelled Brazil nuts
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta shells, uncooked (small)
- extra-virgin olive oil and cooking oil
- garlic clove, fresh pepper, seasalt or kosher salt
- grape tomatoes, halved
Heat cooking oil. GENTLY lower nuts in using dry tongs. use a splashguard, because the nuts splatter and pop. be CAREFUL!!!!! when darker on one side, turn -use splashguard- and remove to paper towels when other side is done. immediately grind seasalt over them. in the meantime, boil the pasta in generously salted, boiling water till al dente. Drain.
Heat enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a heavy saucepot. Mash garlic w/ side of knife and coarse salt as an abrasive while oil warms. Add to oil; cook till fragrant. Add cooked lentils, stir around till steaming. Add shells; warm through. Add green beans and tomatoes; cover and cook only until the beans turn a bright green. add nuts; season with pepper and seasalt (or kosher). Toss or stir together. Pour plenty of olive oil into a small skillet and warm while you plate the food. Drizzle each serving w/ the warm oil.
Serve w/ warm, crusty vegan bread. offer warm olive oil heated with garlic powder, salt and pepper for dipping, or for drizzling over the vegan bread.
Preparation time: av