- 1 cup frozen concentrated orange juice (not diluted)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup brown vegan sugar
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 3/4 cups whole barley or wheat flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon raw vegan sugar for topping
Preheat oven to 400 F. Oil or line 8 – 12 cup muffin pan (depending on size of muffin preferred.)
Combine juice concentrate with oil and brown sugar. Stir in wheat bran and allow to sit for five minutes.
Add flour and baking powder at once and stir quickly until all ingredients are moist, but do not overstir or beat.
Fold in cranberries and pecans.
Separate into 12 prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with a little bit of sugar and bake for 25 – 35 minutes (depending on size of muffins – watch that they don’t burn!)