- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of oatmeal flour*
- 1 cup of soaked, dried cranberries, preferably sweetened
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Egg replacer to equal one egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (may be omitted)
- 3/4 cup soy or rice milk
- 1/3 cup neutral-tasting oil
- a handful of sunflower seeds, chopped almonds, etc.
*To make oatmeal flour, whizz oatmeal in a food processor until finely ground
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine dry ingredients in a medium- sized bowl. Add wet ingredients, adding the egg replacer first. Add cranberries. Add seeds and/or nuts. Fold in until the batter is just moist; do not over-mix.
Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 of the way full. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes or until light brown. Let cool in pan for one minute; remove from pan to finish cooling.
Soy protein powder may substitute for a small part of the flour to boost the amount of protein in each muffin.